ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY? We offer a flexible schedule and competitive pay!
This role acts as the brand representative for suppliers within retail locations. Lead Retail Event Specialists are responsible for introducing customers to new and exciting products and brands within the retail location through food and non-food events. Lead Retail Event Specialists are responsible for all aspects of the events including preparing, setting-up, and cooking and cutting food items while maintaining a clean environment and following all food safety and handling requirements. This position engages with customers to communicate key points about the products being demonstrated.
This role also assists the Supervisor in his or her absence. This may involve the following: organizing demonstrations and ensuring each event executes on time, ensuring all demonstration carts are clean, the kitchen remains clean and organized, and printing needed materials.
· Preparing, setting-up, cooking, cutting food items while maintain a clean environment
· Engaging with retail location customers to communicate key points about products being demonstrated
· Ensuring compliance with food safety and handling requirements
· Working with the team to achieve sales goals of the products you are demonstrating
· Assisting the Supervisor with event execution, preparing necessary paperwork, and ensuring event schedules are executed in a timely manner.
Competitive Pay Rates
Part Time Benefits
Career Growth Opportunities
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Access to a smartphone to report work completed on day completed
· Must have availability on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and major holidays (other weekday shifts may be available from time-to-time)
· The ability to lift and carry up to +25lbs with occasional lifting and carrying
· High School Diploma or GED
of up to 50lbs
· The ability to use email
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position
· The ability to stand to perform the event for the duration of the event a time
· Able to communicate and interact with customers on a regular basis and in a professional manner
· Ability to push or pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300lbs
*Although not required, experience in the following areas is a plus:
Hours of Operations & Availability (Part-Time Associate)
Computer and Technology Proficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee will be regularly required to: Stand up to 4 hours at a time without a break; Walk; Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead); Talk and hear; Visual ability to read instructions and perform events; Stoop; Kneel; Crouch; Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder); Balance; Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds); Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product; Prepare foods and beverages using the required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils; Be in contact with cleaning supplies.
Associates must present a professional, neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are: long-sleeve, button-down white collared shirt along with full length black pants, and solid black, low-heel, closed-toe/closed-heel shoes. CROSSMARK will supply a baseball type cap, and an apron.
Health Code Requirements
Hair must be tucked into the ball cap or hair net, exposed facial hair may require a beard guard. No facial jewelry, including tongue eyebrow or nose piercings. Tattoos which are not covered by the uniform including face and neck must be covered with a bandage or makeup.
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc
Food Safety Training & Protocol provided; Local Food handlers permit may be required.
(Environment in which the job is performed): Retail store environment with some travel.
English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred, equivalent job related experience will be considered as well.
Associates are required to submit to a standard background check and drug screening as required when designated by the client
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.